Thursday, July 22, 2010

Forever Blessed.

Today was a milestone because we had our last excursion with the school! We went to "La Casa Lis" which is a museum of modern art. The physical house was gorgeous. There was a huge stained glass ceiling, beautiful windows and walls... the art however... ehhh. They had an entire floor dedicated to the ugliest dolls I have ever seen in my entire life. They even had clown-like dolls--my worst nightmare. I'm sure, had I stared long enough, I could have found something to respect, but for now... I will walk away with precious memories of that beautiful stained glass ceiling.

Emily and I went for tapas before our group meeting after our excursion. We ate at this cute, outside restaurant with a perfect view of the stunning cathedral. It was breathtaking, as always. We just sat and stared at our beautiful scenery trying to accept the fact it was our second to last day in Salamanca. Unfortunately, it came to our attention that tomorrow is mine and Emily's last day together--officially anyway. Her family is coming in on Saturday so we will add much more to the bunch. It's hard for me to imagine flying home without my other half! It's been such a blessing getting to know her! Thank you Katie Carroll for introducing me to a new best friend! You are wonderful.

After we had our LAST classes at Sampere we came straight home to pack. We want to get a head start on things so we don't have to worry about it tomorrow. After finals we are celebrating until we leave Saturday morning! We will have from Saturday afternoon until Sunday night of free time in Madrid! It's going to be fabulous. I plan on spending much of my time in Retiro park which was my source of sanity and peace in Madrid my first month here. I'm going with Emily and her family to visit Carmen and David (our padres from Madrid) for dinner! It will be so refreshing getting to see them again. They were huge blessings in Madrid. I can't believe that the end is in sight now. I will be home on Monday! 3 days everyone, 3 days!

That's my source of motivation to get through tomorrow! We are studying for exams now! I have 3 tomorrow, one oral exam and 2 written and I will walk away with my spanish minor! How incredible, right? So grateful for this experience. So grateful for these precious friends I've met and for this new culture I've embraced.

Forever blessed.

1 comment:

  1. oh my geez. you are the best in the whole world. I'm so Blessed to have you in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete